are you there?

Image

reach for me

out beyond perception

in a field of generosity

where old souls and new souls

gather together, amongst

threads of commonality

are you there?

i’ll wait for you

with a knowing heart

are you there?

extraneous moments cloud my view

perched on righteous indignation

are you there?

whispers of hope infiltrate the air

like oxygen to a breathless being

ahh – you are there

in the midst

of that which can’t be seen,

only grasped, felt, then

released into the universe

on wings of enlightenment

Advertisements

About drapersmeadow4

I am a writer, thinker, life-long learner, and philosopher of all things, who also happens to be Irish, sarcastic and very intuitive. I'm an 'every-aged' woman who never plans on growing up, just evolving as I go. Passion is my guiding force. My husband and I are enjoying life immensely in our Not So Empty Nest and beyond, by celebrating each and every day as it comes to us.
This entry was posted in Poetry, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to are you there?

1. ksbeth says:

so very beautiful )

2. Line says:

Oh, this is so very beautiful!! I love this poem! 🙂

3. Sue Manos says:

Love this, Karen!

4. I may be late in replying, but do enjoy your poetry, so I could not pass up visiting. Beautiful words and sentiment Karen ❤

• It is never too late to share kind words, Jen. And now it is I who is late in responding…just got back from a two week trip to Maryland. Thanks so much! I enjoyed this write! ❤ ~Karen~

• Thanks sweetheart, hope you had a lovely time. How nice it is when we enjoy what we write. Sometimes we put it out there with doubts..well I do, but every now and then I fist punch the air being a little bit proud of myself 🙂 ❤ x

5. mrsjacoby19 says:

Wow, Ms Karen, this one grabbed me. Ahh, so beautifully done. Also, your photograph releases lots of lovely sunshine. ❤

• Aww- I thank you abundantly! The poem kinda sprang from my heart in the same manner that I’d like to frolic through that beautiful field. Standing in the sunshine with you, my dear! ❤ ~Karen~

• mrsjacoby19 says:

Ahh Ms Karen, You are so very welcome!!! Your poem indeed sounds amazingly free. Plus, I love the idea of catching rays of gorgeous sun in a meadow!! I’m thinking Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Many Blessings 😄😄

6. This is lovely, Karen. Your words and the photo…perfect!

7. Amy says:

Beautiful poem, Karen! Love the last line “on wings of enlightenment”.

8. pattimoed says:

Gorgeous! Where is that field? I want to go there!

9. reocochran says:

I like the way you have the reaching and searching, along with the clouds that can block the connections. The ‘refrain’ of “Are you there?” really is touching and I love this so much, Karen!

• Thanks so much, Robin! I so appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. Yes, I felt the poem would be lacking without the refrain of “Are you there?” It was an easy write – like that of frolicking through the beautiful field. hugs ~Karen~

• reocochran says:

You are lucky that this is easy, but that is a true sign of your ability to reach others, through your writings. Karen, that you find ‘easy’ and like ‘frolicking’ is sometimes very time-consuming and arduous to others! I am amazed at this, because you show symbolism and meaning in these ‘brief strokes’ of genius! Like a fine painter…

10. Beautiful photograph, beautiful poem. Each enhances the other. I remember fields of sunflowers in Austria in which one could easily get lost.

11. tlohuis says:

Beautiful. I love this poem. 🙂
    Peace,
    Tammy:)

• Thanks so much,Tammy! Sorry for the delay in responding – been away handling construction emergencies for a bit. Be well. ~Karen~

• tlohuis says:

You’re quite welcome. No worries about how long it takes to respond. We all have other things besides this blog, going on in our lives. I hope you’re doing “well.” Once I get caught up here on my blog responding to everyone I’ll be over to your blog to see what you’re up to. I was away for awhile, myself, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Take care. I hope all is well in your world.
        Peace out,
        Tammy:)

12. domain says:

great post, very informative. I ponder why the
    opposite specialists of this sector don’t realize this.

You should continue your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

You've stopped by my door, peeked in a bit; please leave a note and share your wit.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s